Nuffnang

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Jessica Chastain Passes On Iron Man 3 Role

I don't think it's such a good idea, considering all the momentum Avengers has built up for the next few Marvel movies, but Take Shelter star Jessica Chastain has bowed out of an Iron Man 3 role, citing scheduling conflicts as a reason.

In a recent status update on her Facebook page, Chastain posted the following apology and explanation:

“Sorry to say that Iron Man 3 isn’t going to work out,” said the actress. “My schedule is jammed packed and I can’t fit anything else in. The press announced my possible attachment far too soon. I know many of you wanted me to be involved, and I’m so sorry to disappoint you.”
“Hopefully there’ll be another Marvel film in my future,” she continued. “Shane Black and everyone on the IM3 team are really wonderful. I’m very excited to see the film when it comes out.”

Jessica Chastain was originally tapped to play the role of Dr. Maya Hansen, said to be one of the scientists who co-created the Extremis nanovirus that will threaten Tony Stark's nanotech-equipped Iron Man suit.


No comments: