Nuffnang

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

James Cameron's Future Projects Will Be Based on Avatar


In a recent interview with Totalfilm, James Cameron has revealed that he will no longer work on any movie except those that are based on the world he created in Avatar. He did say that he's still interested in making documentaries, but as far as feature films go, it's all Pandora and Na'vi for the award winning filmmaker.

“Last year I basically completely disbanded my production company’s development arm,” said Cameron. “So I’m not interested in developing anything. I’m in the Avatar business. Period. That’s it. I’m making Avatar, Avatar 2, Avatar 3, maybe Avatar 4.”

“I’m not interested in taking scripts,” he continued. “And that all sounds I suppose a little bit restricted, but the point is I think within the Avatar landscape I can say everything I need to say that I think needs to be said, in terms of the state of the world and what I think we need to be doing about it. And doing it in an entertaining way.”

I guess Sam Worthington's got himself a pretty steady gig, then.

No comments: